ORLANDO, Fla. — Universal Orlando Resort’s Jurassic World Velocicoaster officially opened Thursday at Island’s of Adventure.
It is Florida’s fastest and tallest launch coaster.
Universal said guests will “feel the rush of the hunt” as they “race through the jungle alongside velociraptors.”
The VelociCoaster reaches speeds of 70 mph and climb more than 150 feet in the air.
Here are some of the features the roller coaster has:
- More than 4,700 feet of track and heights of up to 155 feet in the air.
- The coaster will speed through near-misses.
- Have launches within the velociraptor paddock.
- Accelerate through two launches, the fastest of which will reach 70 mph in 2.4 seconds.
- Have a one-of-a-kind barrel roll directly above Islands of Adventure’s lagoon.
- A zero-gravity inverted stall that will send riders upside down across 10 feet of track in a first-of-its-kind maneuver.
- Include a 155-foot “top hat” that goes immediately into an 80-degree drop, the steepest at Universal.
- Have 12 seconds of airtime and weightlessness throughout the adventure.
Take a look at the launch trailer below:
©2021 Cox Media Group