Eastwood, Nottinghamshire, England — The water park at the Twinlakes Family Theme Park in England is shut down as officials try to determine why dozens of children became violently ill after a visit there last week.
The children all complaining of stomach pain, nausea and diarrhea that lasted for days.
Newsweek reports that the children were park of a school trip to the park on July 24, which was a hot day.
The park's website states they decided to close the water park portion until further notice, stating:
"As soon as we heard reports that some visitors have become ill following their visit to the Water Park we took the decision to close it as a precautionary measure. We are working closely with the Health and Safety Executive to investigate and hope to be able to provide information about the re-opening of the Au Guang Dragon Water Park very soon."
This is not the only case of someone falling ill after visiting a water park this year.
A North Carolina man died after swallowing an amoeba while swimming at the Fantasy Lake Water Park in Cumberland County
This has happened in Central Florida as well, you may remember 11-year-old Jordan Smelski died in July 2014 after ingesting an amoeba while on vacation in Costa Rica.
Joran's parent started the Jordan Smelski Foundation to raise awareness about the risks of swimming in warm water.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Naegleria fowleri, or the brain eating amoeba is usually fatal if it enters through the nose.
You can not get infected from swallowing an amoeba.
Symptoms include; severe headaches, fever, nausea and vomiting.
But, that's not all, the CDC is also warning about another parasite called Cryptosporidium (Crypto.)
It’s contracted in public pools and water parks and cases have been increasing annually.
Unfortunately, this parasite is immune to chlorine.
Cypto can cause similar symptoms to what the children in England experienced, such as, diarrhea, stomach cramps and vomiting.
It is not usually life threatening and clears up within two weeks.