Prince Philip recovering after successful heart procedure, Buckingham Palace says

LONDON — Britain’s Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, is recovering in a London hospital after he had a heart procedure, Buckingham Palace said Thursday morning.

>> Read more trending news

According to The Associated Press, the 99-year-old Philip, also known as the Duke of Edinburgh, “underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital” on Wednesday, the palace said in a statement.

“His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recuperation for a number of days,” the statement read.

The news came days after the palace announced that Philip, who was admitted to London’s King Edward VII Hospital on Feb. 16 as a “precautionary measure” because he was not feeling well, had been transferred to St. Bartholomew’s Hospital.

“Doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition,” the palace said Monday.

Read more here.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Listen

news

weather

traffic

mobile apps

Everything you love about wdbo.com and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!