Pennsylvania couple charged after baby dies of drug overdose, 11-year-old tests positive for cocaine

BALDWIN, Pa. — A Pennsylvania couple has been charged after their 1-year-old son suffered a fatal drug overdose, and an 11-year-old boy in the home had cocaine in his system, authorities said.

According to WPXI-TV, police and paramedics found Thomas Humphreys, 1, of Baldwin, dead inside an Oakleaf Road home Sept. 13.

While searching the home of the baby’s parents, Tracy Humphreys and Thomas Snelsire, authorities discovered bricks of heroin and drug paraphernalia, WPXI reported. Some of the drugs were within reach of the baby’s pack 'n' play, where investigators found a plastic straw that contained “an unknown white powder,” according to the criminal complaint.

Medical examiners conducted an autopsy on the baby, which revealed that he died of a drug overdose and had fentanyl in his system, WPXI reported. Investigators also said an 11-year-old boy who lived there tested positive for cocaine, according to the news outlet.

Humphreys and Snelsire are facing charges of criminal homicide, child endangerment and drug possession in the case, authorities said.

Read more here.


mobile apps

Everything you love about and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!